Dermatology Recs for Gentleman
Gentlemen I know you don’t outright ask about skincare often but we see you trying to use our lotions, washes and creams…so here are some dermatology tips to consider:
- Dermatology Tip #1: Determine your skin type: are you oily, dry, sensitive, normal, or combination? A dermatologist (Like us) can really help with this!
- Dermatology Tip #2: Wash your face in the AM and the PM, if you exercise, take a salicyclic acid or glycolic acid wash to the gym so you wash your face, chest, back after sweating (check out some of our products to help you out!)
- Dermatology Tip #3: Take a shower soon after exercising, if not, the sweat leads to blocked pores and breakouts- prior to shaving, use warm water to splash on your face and try to shave WITH the grain not against it.
- Dermatology Tip #4: Consider a beveled razor to shave- this minimizes ingrown hairs and doesn’t irritate your skin. – moisturize daily after you shave or after the shower.
- Dermatology Tip #5: Get a skin check at least once a year (at a dermatologist like us), especially if you are prone to get sunburns or play sports outdoors often.
- Dermatology Tip #6: Wear sunscreen EVERYDAY. Get in the habit of wearing sunscreen, it is truly the most effective way to prevent aging, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Dermatology Tip #7: Consider “brotox” – there are several neurotoxins on the market: Botox, dysport, xeomin, and jeuveau. It can be preventative and improve deep wrinkles.
- Dermatology Tip #8: Forget gender. Products are technically gender neutral. Even if their are products for men and women ( aka shaving cream or post shave balm), every product can be used in men and in women. Hence why your skin feels great when you steal your significant other’s products.
Looking for leading dermatology services in Torrance or Beverly Hills? Contact us today to schedule an appointment!