Dermatology DO’s and DONT’s for your 20’s
Because you want to take care of the building blocks for your future skin
- Dermatology DO #1: start a Retinol/Tretonion every night— Like this one!
- Dermatology DO #2: DO apply eye cream to avoid fine lines and thinning of the under eye — Check out our favorite one here
- Dermatology DO #3: Sunscreen, Sunscreen, Sunscreen! (you can even use it as a makeup primer) — Check ours out here
- Dermatology DO #4: see a dermatologist (like us!) early on for a skin check and an evaluation of your skin type so you can start products that improve your specific skin needs
- Dermatology DO #5: DO stay hydrated!
- Dermatology DO #6 maintain a healthy diet, develop a way to minimize stress early on. Stress is one of the major factors that can change skin, make you lose hair, and drastically hasten aging
- Dermatology DO #7: consider chemical peels, micro-needling for pigmentation and scarring
- Dermatology DO #8: In your late twenties, consider preventative neurotoxins ( botox/dysport/xeomin/jeuveau)
- Dermatology DO #9: toss the washcloth and moisturize (with a moisturizer like ours)!
- Dermatology DO #10: treat hormonal acne that can develop in your mid to late 20s to avoid scarring
- DON’T overdo cosmetic procedures, determine what is ideal for YOUR skin and not for others
- DON’T constantly change dermatology products, it changes the pH of your skin which can cause acne and rosacea flares
- DON’T go to bed with makeup on!
- DON’T exfoliate with apricot scrubs or scrubs that are harsh on your skin. Try to keep up with chemical exfoliation.
Looking for leading dermatology services in Torrance or Beverly Hills? Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
– Go check out Dermatology DO’s and DON’Ts for your 30’s-