Acne Awareness Month!
June is acne awareness month. Whether is it mild or significant, it can be emotionally and physically painful to have acne, so what can you do?
- Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser that removes product without stripping your skin.
- Remove your makeup! Micellar water or makeup remover wipes (Simple makes some of my favorites), take off your makeup and gently cleanse to remove residue after.
- Stop using the harsh scrubs. Acne does not mean your skin is dirty, so stick to gentle.
- Avoid adding too many products at once. Too many cooks in the kitchen is never a good thing. Add in one treatment at a time.
- Look for agents that are non-comedogenic , hypoallergenic, oil-free when it comes to makeup.
- Use throw-away sponges. Brushes are pretty, but unless you clean them after every use you can leave pores clogged.
- Use acne medication over any areas that are acne prone, not just on the acne.
- Give treatments time too work, 4-6 weeks is the minimum number of weeks your skin needs to show improvement.
- Seek treatment early. Dermatologists are here to help. If you have tried multiple methods with no luck, a simple change in routine and prescriptions may be all you need.
What are some acne tips that worked for you?